Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

Escape from Afghanistan


This week in Miss Clark's Literacy class, the Louis Sachar's WALT for this week is to : Analyse the cultural context within the text. Which means to think about the culture and cultural environment in the text. In the Text, the women have to hide their faces and the men have more power. The text this week is called Escape from Afghanistan. The text is based about a girl named Ahmed and her mother, who are travelling from Kabul to Quetta. In the text, the girl has lost her father, and had received a hand-carried letter from a travel. The letter was from her mother's cousin who lives in Quetta. I thought this week’s reading text was pretty cool because before I read this story I didn’t know much about Afghanistan. Now I have read this story and I know a bit more than about Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.