Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Team 4 Market Day

Team 4 Market Day



WALT: write an interesting and detailed recount

Have you heard of team four’s Market Day ?

Well you’re in luck because I'm going to be talking about the Team 4 Market Day. It happened on Friday last week. It was so much fun and crowded with students and teacher looking for products to buy. And it was Great !! Want to find out more Info ? Keep Reading !


Market day was the biggest event in the whole term three.The reason why we had a market was to sell and buy products that other trade and enterprise groups had been making. We had a lot of trade and enterprise groups, they were called Kitchen, Jewellery & Accessories, Music, Custom Stationery, Toys and Homeware. When we first were in our groups we had to get into business panthers. My Business panthers are Heather and Henslahval, ( We call her Lahval for short).


Everyone started setting up for the Market, that was happening after morning tea. In the year 6 area, Homeware, Custom Stationery and Music were setting up their stations. In the year 5 and 4 were the Toys and Jewellery & Accessories who were setting up their stations. Which only left one group which was Kitchen, the kitchen group was in the mid of the two classes, in the bay where students  play when it’s raining outside.


When the market was started, Me and my business panther Heather were first on selling. We had a few people coming to our stall in the beginning, until we got to the mid of the trade and enterprise market. Because we had nothing left that’s why we started to make some more products to sell. A Lot of people came to our stall it was really fun. We even had some visitors visiting groups and purchasing products. We made a Necklace sets, Necklaces, bracelets, Rings and much more.


I had a lot of fun but I didn’t really buy anything, because I was saving for an auction. I did order products from other groups. I ordered a soap with a minion on it from the Homeware, a squishy ball from the Toys and a Maths book cover from Custom Stationery. I already got my Maths book cover, I'm just waiting for my other orders. I ordered had a minion on it, with a ukulele and it’s going to smell like blueberry.


My thoughts about the market,  were really good thoughts.  Basically because we were really having a good time at the market place. And I made a lot of money, by the end of the market. And I started with 12pt. But I did wish that I would have made more jewellery. Cause we kinda ran out of jewellery. But we did pay off our dent to Mrs Mackinlay, because we needed to pay 15pt to Mrs Mackinlay, cause she brought us the materials. So that’s why we had to pay her, then after we payed her we could keep the money we got from the clients and customers.



Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.

My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.

My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.

My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.

I have tried to follow my plan.Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.

Task Description : 

In this Task, Mr Goodwin's literacy class did a recount about the team 4 market day. In my Writing Rubric, I think I got a three out of  four for writing for my reader. Because my writing is easy to understand and I tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts. And in Purpose I got a 4 out of 4, because my text fully meets the purpose.The Message is clear all through the recount. Also in my introduction I got a 2 out of 4 because my introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about. And in Paragraph topics I got a 2 out of 4, which cause I have tried to follow my plan.Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.