Friday, 28 March 2014
Monday, 17 March 2014
School Camp Fun 1.1.04 - Part 1
WALT: - Understand the story as it is read. - Use the text to search for answers.
1. What are some of the things Siobhan needs to take? togs and a towel, a sleeping bag, warm clothes, a mug, a plate, and a spoon.
2. Why do you think that plenty of Mums and Dads need to help? so they have plenty of Mums and Dads to help put the tents.
3. Where do you think they have their camp? at school.
4. What do you think ‘foursies’ means? It means that she can skip to the fourth monkey bar.
5. Why does Siobhan's Dad get changed after the swim? because her dad got splashed, and it looks as if he went for a swim in his clothes.
Early Finishers: In tux paint draw a picture of either: the tents being put up OR the kids having a swim.
Post this photo to your blog with a few sentences telling your readers what has happened so far.
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
Hello again and here I am going to tell about my amazing camp experience, well we only have done one Active, but it was fun.Our group s' name is called caring,and Mr burt give out lesson to do kayaking. it was really funny because Me and lotu got stick, with kayaking.Then we all took turn at kayaking,and at the end because we had 10 mintures we could have a swim.It was fun when I went kayaking with my parnther dezarae.There were some parnther kayaks and some kayaks that you can go by yourself.
Tuesday, 11 March 2014
It would you like know what camp is like ? Well you're in for a surprise! I am going to this week! This Wednesday,Thursday, Friday the year Five and Six students will be camping at Pt England School. We are camping to get to know each other and to have fun!
I am looking forward to go to mangere pools with Mrs Jarman on Friday,a nd camp cooking, that I just cannot wait until Wednesday! This because we will be, camp cooking and mangere pools.
Be sure to check back on my blog as I will sharing my camp experience with you.
Friday, 7 March 2014
Nga Manawa 1.5.03
WALT: Use clues in text, along with prior knowledge to help comprehension.
1. What is the difference between seawater and freshwater? The fresh has nothing in it and the seawater has salt .
2. Why don’t nga manawa grow in the South Island of New Zealand? It is too cold for them to grow.✓
3. Describe what a mangrove plant does to breath? Then the plants seed up tall breathing roots into the air so that the mangroves can breathe oxygen. ✓
4. List 4 animals that like to live in mangrove forests? tuna,tio,patiki,and tamure ✓
5. Why else are mangrove plants useful? List 2 other reasons from pages 16 and 18.In the past, mangrove forest have sometimes been drained for buliding on or used as rubbish dumps.The mangrove forest is like a pataka. Many kinds of fish, shellfish, and birds live and breed there. In the old days, Maori and gathered fresh, delicious food from the mangrove forest.
6. How did the mangrove leaves help keep fish cool? When they had gathered fish from the mangrove swamps, our tupuna used the mangrove leaves to the fish going bad in the sun.
7. Why are nga manawa thought to be taonga? The mangrove forest of Aotearoa have been taonga since ancient times. Lets hope they will still be here to protect our our coast in the future.
Early finishers - Draw a picture of nga manawa using sumo paint and post to your blog.
Thursday, 6 March 2014
Do want to know what a life cycle of a frog is ? well you came to the right place.The four main stage of the a frogs life cycle is the tadpole, then the froglet, after that the adult frog stage.
A Frog starts life as a small egg Frogs lay their eggs all under water. Once the frog is lays all it’s eggs stick together with really sticky jelly.The jelly protect them from enemies all around.And that is called spawn.The reason why they go after them they are the, most easiest target to eat in the water.As the weeks has gone by the little eggs starts to move all around the pond floor and tries to get out of its’ little egg and once it gets out of the eggs it becomes a tadpole.
Once it has turned into a tadpole it start swimming and the reason how they can swim is by there really long tail that they have at the back of them. Most importantly I am going to tell you you how they can breath under water. How they can breath under, water they have gills just like a fish so they can breath under water. As the frog starts growing their legs starts growing as well. Once they have their Froglet legs and arms their tail starts to go away and disappear.
Once they have their froglet little legs and they still have their little tail, their arms start to growing where their gilts are.Once they have their little arms their tail starts to go away and disappear and once the tail has gone some little poker dots appear and it is really weird ? Once they transformed it is called metamorphosis. They are called froglets. Then when it ‘s been twenty or thirty days then the froglet, will turn into an adult frog.
Once they have metamorphosis as in changed they finally change into their adult form and they can go out into the, wild world where all other frogs live. Once more they would lay some more eggs by the time, it lays more eggs the life cycle of a frog will start all over again.
Do you know the four main stage of a frogs life cycle ?
what do you think the second one would be for the life cycle of the frog ?
have you ever heard the life cycle of the frog ?
did you know that tadpoles tail disappear ?